IGA INDUSTRY PARTNERS 2024
Safety Above All Else!
Proper Windshield Installion - is Critical to Safety!
Windshields are important for safety in a car because they provide structural support and help prevent a car from collapsing in a crash. In a front end collision, a windshield contributes up to 45% of the structural integrity of a car's cabin, and up to 60% in a rollover.
The windshield is one of the most important safety features in a vehicle. In the event of a collision, the windshield is designed to:
Because auto glass is a critical safety component of the vehicle's occupant crash protection system, great care must be taken to make sure it is replaced correctly. The Indpendent Glass Association reccomends independent automotive glass shops who follow the Auto Glass Safety Council (AGSC) standards for safe auto glass installation practices.
In addition to following the AGSC industry standards, the Independent Glass Association also encourages you to select shops who employ technicians that have completed an industry certified and accredited traning program.
- Act as a safety shield for vehicle occupants;
- Support the roof of the vehicle in a rollover;
- Work with the seats, seatbelts and airbags to protect the vehicle occupants in a crash;
- Allow the airbags to fully deploy; and
- Aid in keeping passengers in the vehicle in case of an accident.